When you’re running your own business, or if you’re a member of a small team, you are constantly looking for new ways to get discovered. Every new person that learns about your products or services can turn into a new customer. Keeping your business and your brand visible are essential to growing your customer base and, ultimately, your profits.
We’ve spoken with many business owners, and shared our own favorite tips with our colleagues and friends. Here’s a helpful list of the best online and offline ways for your business to get discovered this year:
The Internet is the most powerful marketing tool ever created–if you know how to use it. This is a considerable challenge, but there are some quick and easy ways to make the most of your online presence.
- SEO The practice of making your business appear first in search engine results is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. An excellent SEO program takes time to build, but good SEO can easily be achieved by a few simple practices. First, whether your website has 3 pages or 30 pages, make sure it has original and helpful content that is relevant to your business. The more often you update your site with fresh, helpful information, the better. Next, include a descriptive Page Title, and Meta Description for each important page. These on page factors help your potential customers quickly learn what each page is about. Finally, make sure your website doesn’t have any 404 errors or missing pages of content.
- Reviews Another great way to get your name out there is to encourage your happy customers to write reviews of your business on websites like Yelp, Google Local,or TripAdvisor. These positive reviews will broadcast the top quality and reputation of your business, and will bring your business to the attention of many new potential customers. How should you respond if you receive a poor review on one of these sites? You should respond earnestly and honestly. Take the customer’s criticism with careful consideration and reassure them that you value their business and their feedback. The worst response is not responding at all!
- Social Media A strong social media presence is vital for business of any industry. Tap into popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest, and you can stay top of mind with your customers in new ways. Encourage your customers to become fans of your company’s Facebook page and they will see every post that you write on their news feed. You can even incentivize your customers by posting special offers, deals, and coupons to your social media pages that are only available to your followers. It’s a great way for your brand to build a stronger relationship with your customers.
There’s a seemingly endless number of ways to advertise your business indoors and outdoors offline. Remember, offline marketing is just as important as online marketing if you’re trying to get discovered.
- Signs and Banners Always keep signs with your logo, company name, website and phone number at all job sites. This is a great way for your construction or landscaping business to instantly get discovered — and it’s like putting a signature on your work. Banners also work well for branding the front of your store or office, or making your booth at a tradeshow or conference stand out in a crowd. A good banner or sign quickly attracts a customer’s attention and leaves a lasting impression with your potential customers.
- T-Shirts Put your logo, website and phone number right on the backs of your employees whenever they are out in the field. This way, you’ll put your logo and contact information in front of a whole new group of people every time an employee leaves the office or store. You can easily design all kinds of t-shirts or polos to fit perfectly with your brand and start bringing in some new customers.
- Stationery Everything your business sends out should be branded. It’s an easy and cost-effective way to instantly get discovered and increase the professionalism of your business. Invoices should have your letterhead right on the top, and don’t miss the opportunity to also include a business card in every branded envelope you send out. Postcards are also useful for reaching new clients right at their doorsteps. Include an exclusive deal or coupon on that postcard, and it’s likely you’ll have a new customer.
Before you get started on your online or offline marketing efforts, make sure that you have a great, professional business logo. We’re here to help you get start with our online logo maker. When you’re ready, visit us to get started!